Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, May 3, 2007

Who benefits from weekends with Grandma and Papa?

Sugar Bear's first night away from Mama was in September of 2006. She was a little over 20 months. It was just one night...but boy was it tough......so very tough.....on ME! :) Kenna had a blast. She loves her Grandma and Papa. They are silly and fun. They spoil her, and give her tons of one on one attention. It was me, that felt like someone cut off my right arm. I didn't have a clue what to do with myself. I managed....but called at least 10 times.
Here we are in May of 2007, and Kenna has spent the night with her grandparents at least 6 or more times now. Once even for four days in a row! We are old pros at it now. I try to call only 3 times a day, and she loves to talk to her mama on the phone. It really melts my heart to hear her excited little voice on the line. We have our own little language and code words. What a sweet way to connect, when there are miles and miles between us.
Tonight Kenna is at Grandma and Papa's again. She will be staying for 3 nights, so I can do some organization, and celebrate National Scrapbook Day on Saturday with 12 hours of non stop scrappin! I sit here missing her greatly. It is so odd to drive home from work and just get out of the truck and walk into the house. There is no one to carry, and squeeze, and ask about their day.......it is strange. There is no one clinging to my legs as I cook dinner. No one to feed....no one to bath...no one to put to bed. Honestly, after all this practice I still don't know what to do with myself when my daughter is not here. It feels so free....but not in an emotional way. I am not sure I have ever craved emotional distance from my daughter. I do, every now and again crave a little bit of physical distance. It is sort of interesting to just be responsible for my body, my feelings, my thoughts again. However, I sit here feeling like I forgot to do something. I always feel like this when my Sugar is away.....like there is something I should be doing.
When I called tonight...I could hardly hold a conversation with my mom, as she was too busy laughing at the things Sugar Bear was doing. I could hear Kenna laughing...and talking. She was playing ball with Papa. Grandma asked her if she'd like to talk to me, and she jumped up and said, "just minute papa, I need talk to mama!" awwwwwwww my polite girl. When she reached the phone she excitedly told me about playing with Papa, and going to see the sick cow! tee hee Clearly she is having such good times.
So the question is....who really benefits from these little nights away? Is it me? I certainly appreciate the freedom to get things done uninterrupted. Oh and the sleeping in.....that is good....REAL good! Is it my daughter? She certainly thrives in the company of her Grandparents. She experiences so much on the farm. Is it Grandma and Papa? The certainly take great pleasure in seeing her growth, and feeling connected to her. They never turn down the opportunity to care for her.
The answer....All of the above. There is just no doubt about it. It is a good thing. We are blessed to have these moments, and every single time we each cash in on the benefits.
Life is good!

6 Live It or Love It:

Keara @ Now I Know What Life Is All About said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Megan@SortaCrunchy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Lauren said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Corey~living and loving said...

Keara said...
Oh I am so jealous! I really wish we lived near family. I think it is great that you get time alone and Sugar gets to have a great time with her grandparents. I know she has a fun time. I hope you had a good weekend.

Corey~living and loving said...

Megan said...
Corey, I am absolutely sure you know this, but you are SO LUCKY to have your parents close by to be able to keep Sugar. And to have parents who are trustworthy enough to keep her, too! I know she will grow up with a mulitude of memories from her time at her grandparents. How fun!

Corey~living and loving said...

Lauren said...
That is great that Sugar has such a good time... and I'm jealous too! Your parents are great people. Enjoy your Corey-time. You deserve it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

Love It!

Adoring Fans

Recent Reads

For a list of books I read from 9/14/09 until 9/14/10 go HERE!


For a list of books I read from 9/14/10 until 9/14/11 go HERE!


For a list of books I read from 9/14/11 until 9/14/12 go HERE!

Books starting 9/14/12


“Monsters of Men” by Patrick Ness

“Gregor and The Prophecy of Bane” by Suzanne Collins



www.GabriellasHeart.com Photobucket

Visits to my blog

Blog Styled by:

Analytics

Blog Styled by: NW Designs

  © Blogger Template by 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP