Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Sunday, June 20, 2010

New Adventures with good Friends

I'm a bit of a homebody. Okay....so maybe a bit MORE than a homebody. I tend to spend more of my free time at home than any other place. You see, I spend the weekdays away from home, so when the weekend comes, I usually want to just be home. The odds of finding me still in my jammies at 2pm on any given Saturday is pretty darn good. You could make a lot of money betting on it, in fact.

The trouble is......while I'm holed up at home.....the world is passing ME by......thus passing Sugar Bear by, and I CAN'T let that happen to her. So it has been my goal to get out more, and I'm grateful for some new friends who are willing to support my efforts. In fact, they chose a pretty awesome place for our first "playdate."

May2910_0008ew

Sugar and I had a little fun with the camera while we waited for our friends to arrive. We were very excited to be on the verge of a new adventure.

May2910_0002ew
It was the perfect day for a hike. The girls were tireless, and imaginative. They were regular little Dora explorers.
May2910_0031ew

If you've been reading my blog for long, you know that Sugar is quite the nature girl, so being out in this environment was NOT the new part of the adventure, but sharing it with friends was. Often our walks take my girl and I not too far from our front door. We are fortunate enough to live in the country. Even though we are homebodies....we are not virgins to nature.

May2910_0016ew
Having a little friend to share this favorite pastime with, was an exciting addition to the party we call life. These girls are friends from preschool, and will be attending the same Kindergarten this fall. They are a great pair, and have many thing to teach each other.

May2910_0067ew

I'm thrilled to say that Sugar's little friend has a wonderful mother. She is fabulous, and I'm looking forward to getting to know her better. I think we have a lot we can learn from each other as well.
May2910_0042ew

Our day was divine.......the sights were AMAZING...

May2910_0029ew

The companionship fulfilling....
May2910_0045ew

The lessons unique...
May2910_0028ew
and the memories.........PRICELESS.
May2910_0048e

LIFE IS GOOD!

6 Live It or Love It:

Gayle said...

I know this all too well. I was full of adventure and go, go, go when the boys were little. Now with my two youngest I stay home all the time. To the point they are shy. I have to do what you are doing. Make some new friends out of my element. Good for you!

Marcelle said...

Life sure is all good!!!

Autumn said...

I love that last picture. So sweet! I'm glad you and Sugar found some new friends to go explore with. However hard that first step is, it's wonderful getting to know new friends. :)

Anonymous said...

Those first pictures are amazing in every way! I haven't been checking people's blogs for a week or so and I feel like SB grew about a foot since I last popped over here. Or at least her hair did!

Melanie @ Whimsical Creations said...

What a fabulous adventure!

Michelle said...

Looks like it was a great day out with friends!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

Love It!

Adoring Fans

Recent Reads

For a list of books I read from 9/14/09 until 9/14/10 go HERE!


For a list of books I read from 9/14/10 until 9/14/11 go HERE!


For a list of books I read from 9/14/11 until 9/14/12 go HERE!

Books starting 9/14/12


“Monsters of Men” by Patrick Ness

“Gregor and The Prophecy of Bane” by Suzanne Collins



www.GabriellasHeart.com Photobucket

Visits to my blog

Blog Styled by:

Analytics

Blog Styled by: NW Designs

  © Blogger Template by 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP