Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, August 31, 2009

Finding peace in the journey

June2809_0045ew

The photo above really illustrates how I have been feeling lately. I feel like the wooden gate, that has been swallowed by the blackberries. It isn't any one thing in particular, but a series of circumstances that have accumulated into making me feel smothered by my life.

June2809_0006ew

95% of the time, I'm able to handle the stress of my everyday life by increasing the things I love. The other 5% of the time, the very reason I'm stressed in the first place is the fact that I've been unable to do the things I love. Does that make sense? Lately I've been feeling like everything is keeping me from doing the things that make me happy. I'm back to work.....le sigh. And very much feel like I need some "me" time. I am a person that thrives on being alone. Seriously, I need it. Haven't had it......feeling the effects.


June2809_0011ew

Looking through these photos I took back in June brings me some peace. I can close my eyes and imagine myself there. The feeling of abandon. The feeling of solitude.

June2809_0023ew

It is moments like these that I can appreciate the little things. The REALLY little things. Appreciating the things that most go by without noticing.

June2809_0025ew

I'm not always completely alone in these moments, but I can take my time, and let myself fall behind. I can tell my stress walk ahead, leaving me behind on my own.

June2809_0027ew

Most of the time I love my life. Sometimes......I just need to take a break from being the one EVERYONE needs. I just want to be Corey.

June2809_0031ew

I find peace in the journey, if given the time.

10 Live It or Love It:

Janet said...

I'm sure things will brighten soon!It's amazing what spring does! I have been feeling quite down and frustrated lately and I woke up this morning with a spring in my step and an energy that I had forgotten! You have your autumng with it's beautiful colours! Keep your chin up my friend! Wishing you some "me" time! With love from SA

Aspiemom said...

I like some quiet "me time", too! Hope you get some soon.

Thanks for your sweet comments.

Jeanette said...

I'm feeling the same way at the moment.
Hope you get some me-time soon

Berta said...

"Me-time" is so important! I didn't have a lot of it raising kids - in fact, very little. I developed a habit of staying up late just to have an hour or two to myself and to this day have a hard time breaking said habit! The time will come for you to do the things you can only dream now - but THEY WILL COME! Just hang on and TRY to enjoy the simple little everyday happenings around you. The thing that really helped me was: I'm walking, I'm talking, I'm breathing . . . I MUST BE OKAY! . . .and I usually was! Loved your pics!

Autumn said...

It must be in the air. Make sure you take some time to yourself this weekend. Go out and do what you love. ((Big hugs))

Gayle said...

Being alone is good for the soul. I, too, am in need of some time to myself to "just be". Hopefully, you can find that time soon. Ironically, you paired the statement "I can tell my stress walk ahead" with a photo of the husband walking ahead. It really made me laugh. I'm feeling that, but I want to tell the old man to RUN ahead and let me be! :)

Denise Karis said...

oh goodness, I love your blog.

Its hard that usually, when one part of your life thrives, another part suffers. I hope you find balance soon.

Christina said...

One of the things I appreciate about you is how tuned into yourself you are. I can sense what something is "off" with me, but can't always pinpoint exactly what it is. You have an ability to look through all the clutter and see the real fundemental issue at hand, and then formulate ways to address it.

Anonymous said...

Preachin' to the choir, girlfriend! Yesterday I packed up both kids and headed to Costco only to realize my wallet was at home; I got lost on the way to an appt. and was 1/2 hour late; I had friggin' lasers shot at my sensitive area; the cat peed all over the birthday presents for a party we drove to only to realize it had been canceled b/c of rain; and now it is 3:30AM and I have sent the last 3 hours soothing a cranky baby. Needless to say, I'm not feeling quite myself. But in the midst of it all, as I sat on a wet park bench holding my newborn and watching my boy joyfully skip around the park, I was also aware that things are definitely not all that bad.

Megan Cobb said...

I can really relate, Corey. I'm thinking of you and missing you. I really want to know who Miss Sass is, too. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

Love It!

Adoring Fans

Recent Reads

For a list of books I read from 9/14/09 until 9/14/10 go HERE!


For a list of books I read from 9/14/10 until 9/14/11 go HERE!


For a list of books I read from 9/14/11 until 9/14/12 go HERE!

Books starting 9/14/12


“Monsters of Men” by Patrick Ness

“Gregor and The Prophecy of Bane” by Suzanne Collins



www.GabriellasHeart.com Photobucket

Visits to my blog

Blog Styled by:

Analytics

Blog Styled by: NW Designs

  © Blogger Template by 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP