Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

To Work...to work...

Back in ummmm......January my readers were invited to ask me some questions in honor of my 500th post. I have answered a few of them.....but certainly not all. I'm a completely space cadet sometimes. Or rather...I have too many things I WANT to do, and so little time to do them. I have neglected several questions, but I figure I have a year to answer them before they get stale, right? okay.

Beth, from A Mom's Life, asked me what I did before becoming a stay at home mom. This question tickled my funny bone. Mainly because I'm glad I have somehow portrayed my life as one that doesn't work outside the home. I find this to be a success. There is absolutely nothing wrong with working outside the home, but I certainly like the fact that it does NOT define me.

I try to keep my actual profession relatively vague, as to not completely let on to who I am in case one of your is a psycho killer. I will say, that I work 9 months out of the year, and I have unfortunately returned to work after my summer break. le sigh.....

So many wonderful projects I had planned did not happen, but so many unbelievably awesome things did. I am already missing my summer, but strangely excited for autumn to come. I do love autumn. (I'm getting off subject here....)

For the record, I did not see myself as a work outside the home sort of mom. My mom was a stay at home mom, and it just seemed to naturally be what I would do, but you know, sometimes life just doesn't go the way you thought it would. While it is not imperative that I work to support our family, it is very much part of the "deal" that I support my child. I was lucky enough to be able to bring her to work with me until she turned one. THAT was a true gift, that I can never repay. My job is family friendly, and flexible enough for me to ALWAYS put my Sugar first. There are times when I yearn to be home with her more, but honestly as an only child, she needs her preschool/daycare time to socialize with children. It is good for her.

Being that I brought up the "only child" subject, I might as well officially answer one of Marcelle's questions in which she asked me, "are you going to have more Sugar Bears?" and Tommie's question of, "did you always picture yourself as a one kid mom?" Simply put, NO and NO! Growing up I always wanted at least two children, maybe more. I have been child oriented all my life, and yearned to be a mom. However, my situation set me on a different path. I came so close to not having ANY children, that when Sugar Bear came along, she totally, and undeniable completed me. I know it sounds corny, but it is the truth. I have not ONCE, since her birth yearned for another child. I feel that she was meant for me, and I for her, and I am beyond blessed. Now I can't imagine myself having more children. She is it, and I'm really GOOD with that.

Anyhow.....I'm back to work, and missing summer, but the good thing is...I have 647 billion photos to remember it all by. Here are some pics of a trip to the beach in early July with the Sugar and Madame Sass. These were taken about 20 minutes before I tortured Madame Sass with these shots.


July0209_0111ew

July0209_0110ew

July0209_0114ew

July0209_0127ew

July0209_0115ew

July0209_0118ew

July0209_0121ew

July0209_0131ew

July0209_0222ew

July0209_0218ew


Have a happy Day, everyone!

7 Live It or Love It:

Janet said...

Oh your photographs make me long for the sea. I am having one of those "what am I doing here?" kind of days! Seeing your memories and I can smell the sea, and taste the salt on my lips - I need a break away!

Beth Cotell said...

So now that I know you work outside of the home, I am left wondering what you do...

My nosiness is killing me! :)

Autumn said...

Even though I knew the answers already, it was fun reading your explanations. Bug and I were at the beach yesterday. There was an outlet mall involved ;). It was such a beautiful day.

Cynthia said...

Dang...Sugar Bear is having fun at the beach! Congrats on your 500th post:)

Maude Lynn said...

Corey, I know exactly what you mean about her being meant for you and you for her.

Anonymous said...

I've always seen myself having *tons* of kids, but after having had a second I finally understand why people have just one. I don't mean it facetiously, and I adore my second child as much as my first, but this shift happened where Vincenzo used to be my one-and-only and now he's not; he's one of two that complete me. And while I'm totally happy and fulfilled, it also makes me a little bit sad that things had to change. I may not be making any sense...

Gayle said...

Oregon coast, right? I loved my trip down the coast when I went off to college. I would so love to have an area like that to visit frequently with my babes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

Love It!

Adoring Fans

Recent Reads

For a list of books I read from 9/14/09 until 9/14/10 go HERE!


For a list of books I read from 9/14/10 until 9/14/11 go HERE!


For a list of books I read from 9/14/11 until 9/14/12 go HERE!

Books starting 9/14/12


“Monsters of Men” by Patrick Ness

“Gregor and The Prophecy of Bane” by Suzanne Collins



www.GabriellasHeart.com Photobucket

Visits to my blog

Blog Styled by:

Analytics

Blog Styled by: NW Designs

  © Blogger Template by 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP